Friday, October 18, 2013

Questions I Want to Ask You


Eryn tagged me in a blog award thing, and asked me some questions, which I shall now proceed to answer. Then I will ask some of my own questions, and tag more people! Fun! (Sneaky Eryn, getting me to write blog posts...)
 
1. Are you an early bird, or a night owl? Which would you prefer to be and why?
 
I force myself to be an early bird because I like getting things done early, but at heart I think I'm a night owl.

2. What's your favorite kind of story? Adventure, romance, etc. 
 
When I think of all my favourite books and authors, the one thing that dominates is amazingly well developed characters. I LOOOVE complicated, well written characters. Melina Marchetta is amazing at writing good characters. (You knew I was going to say that, didn't you). I was thinking about my favourite female characters the other day, and they are probably Katniss and Taylor from Jellicoe Road. So, basically, I love stories with really good characters.

 

3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? (Could be an imaginary place.)
 
CANADA. I love Canada. I don't care if I'm biased, it's the best country ever.

4. What is the first sentence of your current work in progress?

Crappy little handheld camera: check. (*Note: this is the WIP I want to work on, but have not actually gotten past the thought process step of revision yet. Sigh.)

5. What is your ideal writing setting? Like, time of day, location, beverages to sip during.

I find it really easy to write late at night after I've been really inspired by some artistic content which could be anything from a moving movie to a really motivational tumblr post. However, it's really limiting to have specifications for a writing time so I try not to do that. (Obviously this works so well for me as I have written SO MANY WORDS in the past two months. *sarcasm*).

6. If you could stay any age forever, what age would you chose?

Ten. When I turned ten, everyone told me it was the "golden age" and I didn't believe them but it really was. It really was.

7. What are your favorite historical figures?
 
I don't know, but you can bet whoever it is will be Canadian. ;) Maybe Lester B. Pearson? I don't know much about him yet though. Oh, I do think what FDR did for the U.S. was pretty cool.

8. What is the thing you think about most when you are writing a story?

"COME ON, FIVE MORE WORDS. YOU CAN DO IT!" Also, I love writing intense emotional scenes even if I still am not very good at them.
 

9. What is your favorite animated movie?

The Incredibles. When (cynical) adults love it, you know it's good.

10. Coffee or tea?
 
Depends on the circumstances, but I enjoy both. (Is that allowed?)

OK! Now my questions for you.

1. What in your opinion do you think YA (or fiction in general) needs more of?
2. What is something you would absolutely love to see a book about? (Be specific if possible!)
3. How many non-American authors can you name? (List them!)
4. How many non-American YA authors can you name? (List them!)
5. What are books that have made you sob and/or cry out loud?
6. What is your favourite book from childhood?
7. What do you like to do that has absolutely nothing to do with reading, writing, or anything of the like?
8. What does diversity mean to you?
9. How would you describe your style of clothing?
10. What is your goal in life? (It could be at the moment or overall).

I know some of these will produce lengthier answers... but I'm really curious to hear your answers! Also, if I don't tag you, please answer anyway and leave a link in the comments or tweet it at me (@asherlockwrites). I want to hear everyone's answers!!!

And people I'm tagging:
1. @AuthorMadison
2. @yahongc
3. @crazyredpen
4. @laura_the_wise
5. @Matt_Dodwell
6. @EmilyCasselman

Go forth and write! Can't wait to hear your answers. :)

 
(Oh, P.S. the rules of the tag are answer the questions, ask 10 of your own, tag 10 people).

(Actually, these are the rules:

  • Link back to the person who nominated you
  • Answer the 10 questions that are given to you by the nominator
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers
  • Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blogs and notifying them).)
  •  
    (I tagged more than 10 people because I tagged EVERYONE. Hehe.)
     
     

    3 comments:

    1. The "five more words" is a tactic I've used before! :) I'll write up a post and publish probably next week. It was interesting to see your responses.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Nice answers! I ought to try the "five words more" tactic one day :) Thanks for the post idea ;)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Woo! I answered your questions on my blog. Finally got around to it I guess! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...